Vancouver Peak

Full Version: 2014 “Dumb” Listing Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it’s a new year and we’re bound to see lots of interesting listing pics worthy of recognition and sharing. I am going to kick things off with a Holywell Property Management rental listing in Roberts Creek on the Sunshine Coast. Here’s the description:

Quote:Beautiful Ocean view 1 bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage in Roberts Creek on the Sunshine Coast. Cottage is located across from the beach on a large double lot. This newly renovated property has a spacious living room and a gas fireplace.

With some listings, you can easily imagine the agent’s thought process as they take the pics - like with the top two pics below.

“Hmm, it’s a bit dark in here so maybe I should put on the flash.”

And, then they get back to the office and think, “Well, the pic with the flash shows the detail, but without the flash is how it really looks in there so which one do I go with?" Tick, tock, tick, tock..."Oh, damn, I don't know.”

[Image: attachment.php?aid=716]

Right, so because the listing begins with “Beautiful ocean view” we need to see that ocean view. However, what is it you really notice in the bottom pic on the left. Is it the ocean, the lawn or what’s happening to the lawn and is whatever causing this coming out of the woods on the right?
Time for a break from the serious stuff. Here’s a new batch of listing pics that make you go - hmmm.

1. #900 - 3131 Deer Ridge Drive, W. Van. $4,798,000. V1044259. Jason Soprovich.
2. 1590 Wain Rd, N. Saanich, Victoria $4,250,000. MLS 330579. Sotheby’s International Realty.
3. 9029 Redroofs Rd, Halfmoon Bay. $1350/mth. Holywell Properties.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=817]

4. 294 Glassford Rd, Gibsons. $349,000. V1043942. Re/Max Oceanview Realty.
5. 4632 Whitaker Rd, Sechelt. $1200/mth. Holywell Properties.

For variety, here are some enchanting outdoor shots.

6. Lot 11 Redroofs Rd, Halfmoon Bay. $179,000. V1022522. Re/Max Oceanview Realty.
7. 414 Aldersprings Rd, Gibsons. $359,000. V1025160. Sutton West Coast Realty.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=818]

8. 18 - 1413 Sunshine Coast Hwy. $139,000. V1030505. Sutton West Coast Realty.
9. 682 Franklin Rd, Gibsons. $445,000. V1042660. Sutton West Coast Realty.

I added the added the link to the Deer Ridge Drive listing (#1). I think after viewing all the listing pics you might agree with me that including the one above made no sense; hence, its recognition as 'dumb'.
It’s interesting that some weeks when you look at listing pics there is a theme that emerges. One week not long ago, the theme was “ladders”.

With the Rosamund property in Gibsons, there was an abundance of ladders; two against buildings and a third backup if needed. My guess is there were likely more tucked away because you can never have enough ladders.

And, look at that. In a fine Pender Harbour example of what SC Realtors refer to as “West Coast Rustic”, we have another ladder.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=822]

So, why are these examples of “Dumb” listing pics. Well, the Pender Harbour property does get a bye, it just happened to carry through on the theme.

However, that Rosamund property is another matter. When I look at those pics, all that goes through my mind is, “What is going on up there in those attic spaces?” Hmmm, are the ladders there for access or to provide an alternative escape if unexpected visitors drop by. Nah, they’re probably just raising pigeons or chickens up there.

Now, if I were the Realtor taking the pics, I would have thought long and hard on those ladders and ultimately concluded they be removed at least temporarily (they do look rather permanent, don’t they?). But, then again, perhaps I just lived too long up there in the most "colourful" area of the SC.